Certain components, features, or services available on the Services may, now or in the future, only be accessible after registration and creation of an account. When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, and complete information, and maintain and promptly update this information. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or if THETURNIP.SPACE has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, THETURNIP.SPACE has the right to suspend or terminate your account and access to the Services. You will receive a password and login name upon completing the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and login name and are solely responsible for all activities that occur with your password and login name. You must immediately notify THETURNIP.SPACE of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. THETURNIP.SPACE will not be liable for any losses (including your or third-party losses) caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
All materials contained in the Services are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by THETURNIP.SPACE or the party credited as the provider of the content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content in the Services. You may copy and download only the content designated within the Services as downloadable for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you make no modifications to the materials and retain all copyright and other notices contained in such content. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post or use the content of the Services for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without THETURNIP.SPACE’s written permission.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to THETURNIP.SPACE, unless otherwise noted, in which case they are the trademarks, service marks, or trade names of the respective owner as indicated by the mark. All rights are reserved by the respective owners. You may not use any THETURNIP.SPACE provided service marks, logos or graphics, without THETURNIP.SPACE’s prior written consent.
4. User Generated Content
Unless you enter into a separate written agreement with THETURNIP.SPACE, THETURNIP.SPACE does not claim ownership in User Generated Content you submit; however, by submitting the User Generated Content to the Site, you expressly grant THETURNIP.SPACE and its affiliates and assignees the right to reproduce, adapt, perform, display and distribute any such User Generated Content in any form worldwide, in perpetuity without providing credit or payment to you.
THETURNIP.SPACE does not endorse any User Generated Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and THETURNIP.SPACE expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Generated Content.
5. Compliance with Law
You agree that: (a) you will not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site, (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain a virus or other harmful component, (vi) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, (vii) contain advertising of any kind, or (viii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
6. Links to Third Party Sites
The Site contains links and pointers to other related websites and resources. Links to and from the Services to other third party sites do not constitute an endorsement by THETURNIP.SPACE or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources or their contents.
7. Waiver & Indemnification
8. Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitations of Liability
The Services, including all content, software, functions, materials and information made available on or accessed through the Services, is provided “as is.” To the fullest extent permissible by law, THETURNIP.SPACE and its subsidiaries and affiliates make no representation or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the content of the Services or information and functions made accessible by the software used on or accessed through the Services, for any products or services or hyperlinks to third parties or for any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through the Services or any linked site. Further, THETURNIP.SPACE and its subsidiaries and affiliates disclaim any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. THETURNIP.SPACE does not warrant that the functions contained in the Services or any materials or content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Services or the servers that make the Services available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Under no circumstance, including negligence, shall THETURNIP.SPACE be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages that may result from your use or inability to use the Services including, without limitation use of or reliance on information available on the Services, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
9. Mobile Devices
THETURNIP.SPACE may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your mobile and wireless devices. THETURNIP.SPACE’s Services are free to use; however, the usage will contribute to the data usage and fees may be charged by your carrier for your mobile or wireless device. Fees and charges may appear on your bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain features or there may be certain features that are not compatible with your carrier or mobile or wireless device.
THETURNIP.SPACE may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. THETURNIP.SPACE may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Services without notice or liability.
12. Other Terms
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register for certain features of the Services, submit any User Generated Content or personally-identifying information on or through the Services, and, in some cases, participate in any online contests. Online contests will each be governed by a separate set of rules that will accompany each contest.
13. Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe that any content contained in the Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification to THETURNIP.SPACE’s Designated Agent pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) section 17 USC 512 (c) (3). All notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be forwarded to our Designated Agent at: legal@TheTurnip.space
According to Section 512 (c) (3) (a) of the DMCA, any copyright infringement notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
THETURNIP.SPACE’s editorial website feature copyrighted material that may be of interest to users for reproduction or retransmission. To request permission to reproduce copyrighted material from TheTurnip.space, or to ask general questions about our reprint policies, please email us at: legal@TheTurnip.space
Please include the following information along with your request:
- your name, organization, address, phone number and e-mail (fax optional)
- title and author of the article, or photographer’s name and a description of the illustration or photo
- the name and date of our publication in which the item appeared and URL where located
- description of how you plan to use the item
- media in which you plan to use the item. Please be specific as to format. (e.g., Print: book, magazine, photocopies; Electronic: Internet, intranet, e-book, DVD; Audio/visual, etc.)
- the length of time you want to use the item (e.g., how long will the edition be in print?)
- the circulation or number of copies you want to make or the anticipated viewership
- the price you intend to charge for your product or publication
- the date of your event, or the deadline date for your publication
- any other information which might be helpful to us in considering your request, including your proposal for a reuse fee in light of your project budget and comparable fee quotes from copyright owners
This Policy was last updated on April 1, 2021.
If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact Customer Service public@TheTurnip.space